2020 Virtual Education Day
The St. Louis Chapter, in collaboration with the I2SL Colorado and Heart of America Chapters, is hosting a virtual 2020 Education Day on Thursday, November 5th, 2020. If you were not able to attend the national conference or you want a focused set of presentations from experts in our region, this one-day event is perfect for you!
The event includes a keynote speaker, 18 presentations, and a panel discussion about how universities are navigating the challenges of COVID-19 on campus.
A limited number of registrations will be available on a first-come first-served basis. Click here to register now!
Education Day Sponsorship: $500; Click here to sponsor this event!
- Event Sponsors receive two free registrations to the Education Day, a $100 value
- Event Sponsors will be identified and thanked at various times during the event
- Event Sponsor information will be on a constantly running slide show on the screen during breaks for attendees to see
- Event Sponsor information will be up on the chapter websites as soon as the organization sponsors
Chapter Meeting: Date TBD
Join us for a presentation and tour featuring: Webster University’s Browning Science Building
- Browning Hall features:
- 27 laboratories, including a Human Anatomy Laboratory, Kitchen Laboratory, and computational laboratory that can also serve as a General Purpose Classroom, a Qualitative and Quantitative Lab to be used by Psychology and Anthropology & Sociology Departments
- The building houses the academic departments: Anthropology and Sociology; Biological Sciences; International Language and Cultures; Nurse Anesthesia; Nursing; Psychology; Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies; the Institute for Human Rights and Humanitarian Studies; and English as a Second Language.
- One General Purpose Classroom
- 71 offices including faculty, staff, the Dean’s Suite, and adjunct faculty offices
- 129-seat auditorium
- Commons areas throughout the building for students and faculty to collaborate
- A sunken outdoor green area between Browning Hall and the EAB.
- The presentation will precede a tour of the facility
- Snack & Vendor tables are also available
2020 National I2SL Annual Conference
Although the International Institute for Sustainable Laboratories (I2SL) was looking forward to bringing our Annual Conference and Technology Fair to Chicago in October, to ensure the safety and health of our attendees, we have decided to take the conference virtual. With all the same great features of our Annual Conference and Technology Fair, the conference will still take place October 5-7, 2020. The first day will be devoted to workshops and meetings. We’ll offer a thought-provoking plenary session and variety of technical topics, and you can participate from the safety and comfort of your home or office. You can even meet one-on-one with innovative Tech Fair vendors in our virtual Exhibit Hall. Conference registration coming soon at https://www.i2sl.org/conference/2020/index.html.
Reopening the Lab during Covid-19
A live panel discussion presented by I2SL St. Louis Chapter
Join the I2SL St. Louis Chapter this Wednesday June 24, 2020, at 2 p.m. CST, for the panel discussion, Navigating Lab Startup and Return to Work. As the country has been shut down for the better part of three months due to COVID-19-and as we start to reopen for researchers, educators, and students heading back to their labs and offices-laboratory environments require special considerations because of the ongoing research, special environmental controls, chemicals, and other hazards. Authorities such as the Centers for Disease Control and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration should be the primary resources on safely returning to work, as well as guidance from your facility Environmental Health and Safety officers. Our panelists include EH&S directors and staff from universities and corporations including laboratory architects, engineers, and planners.
I2SL High-Tech Talks Webinar Series: May 14, 2020
How Co-Localization of Shared Research Equipment Can Impact the Design and Engineering of Both New and Renovated Laboratory Buildings
Register online to attend the webinar on Thursday, May 14, at 12 p.m. Central. If you can’t participate in the live session, you can still register and receive a recording of the webinar afterward. More information on the Webinar series can be found here.